We have changed our name to Braid Health and Wellbeing to reflect the exciting changes within our charity’s support services. Our goal for 2021 and beyond is to provide a variety of wellbeing support options, so that our clients can access our services in a way that works for them. We have some exciting plans for this year and once restrictions allow we are going to introduce the following services. If you would like to register your interest in any of these services, fill out this form: https://app.donorfy.com/form/MAGTA6IBU7/supportservices
- Life Skills Courses where individuals can learn and re-learn life skills such as making your bed, making a cup of tea, putting on a washing and digital skills. This will be open to existing clients and the public as restrictions allow. These classes will support people with age related conditions, learning difficulties and disabilities to be more independent.
- We have KOMP devices – one button computers designed for isolated individuals who struggle with technology. These will be available to some clients dependant on need and one will be available within the centre.
- A Cosy Communications Room where members of the community can rent time using our iPad/KOMP devices to contact friends and family – we can provide support on setting up Zoom calls.
- We will be introducing interest clubs such as a railway and craft club to our day services and we will invite speakers/specialists along to talk to the club members.
- The Fair Share Market Shopping Experience is set to return! Clients will be able to go shopping for great items at a reduced price and clients will have the chance to work as the cashier for the day.
- Our Magic Table will be available for community rental within the centre or at your group/club/home
- We will host social groups and invite monthly speakers to for evening talks which will be open to the local community.