Register your interest
We are so pleased to have re-opened our Day Service 5 days per week to clients who are comfortable returning to the centre and we have some exciting plans for the rest of the year.
During 2021 we are going to begin offering new health and wellbeing services to people living within West Lothian. We will also have digital services available which you can take part in no matter where you live. If you would like to register your interest for any of the following services, please fill in your details here.
We will contact you soon to give you more information and to let you know when we plan to start trailing our new services. These will include:
- A 50-65 year old's support and information group from people facing early onset Dementia, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, stroke and other age related illnesses
- A Carer support group
- A Tea and Chat group
- Digital support and information services via your own device (e.g. laptop, smartphone or tablet) or via Braid House devices where available
Volunteer Bus Attendant
Virtual Kiltwalk 2021
The amazing Persimmon Homes have given Braid House a grant of £1,000! Thank you so much!
January 2021 Newsletter
Christmas Fair 2020
Support us through JustGiving
Braid House now have a JustGiving page set up for anyone who wishes to donate. All donations will be gratefully received.
Link to our page is https://www.justgiving.com/braidhealth
Take Away Boxes
Braid House has introduced a new service offering a range of tasty Take Away Boxes. Click here to view our current offerings and phone us on 01506 430615 to place your order.
Braid House Update
It goes without saying that this has been a testing time for all of us as we learn to get to grips with the Coronavirus and lockdown but it is also with a great sense of pride that Braid House continues to support our clients and carers through this difficult period.
We might not be open to receive clients in the centre, but our services continue, just in different ways and a few of them are highlighted below:
- Many of you will be receiving our daily meal service and a massive thank you to all the kitchen staff who have stepped up to the mark and are now producing 200 meals every day!
- Transport and drivers are delivering these right across West Lothian and for some, it is also a welcomed social interaction during the day
- Our telephone support team is very busy contacting you at home and giving as much support as they can
- We have a dedicated 1:1 service offering home visits to those at most need
- Our internet support/activity group is going from strength to strength
- We are offering a shopping service along with activity packs which are delivered directly to your door
All the staff have been fully committed to supporting all of our clients and their carers through this challenging period and I would like to thank them all for their dedication and hard work, they really are unseen heroes in my eyes.
Please stay well and stay safe and hopefully it won't be too long until are together again in Braid House.
CEO Braid House Day Centre
Summer Newsletter 2020
Our summer 2020 newsletter is now available to read by clicking on the image below:
Braid House Day Centre - Operating Differently
In line with West Lothian Council's advice, we are unable to welcome clients to Braid House Day Centre until further notice.
However, we are offering a wide range of support services including Telephone, 1:1 home visits (for those most at risk) Internet activity/exercise groups, Shopping services, Carer support, Activity packs (delivered to your door) and our daily meal service.
In addition, should you like more information about our meals provision, please contact the centre on 01506 430615.