* Life Skills Courses where individuals can learn and re-learn life skills such as making your bed, making a cut of tea, putting on a washing and digital skills. This will be open to existing clients and the public as restrictions allow. These classes will support people with age related conditions, learning difficulties and disabilities to be more independent.
*We have KOMP devices - one button computers designed for isolated individuals who struggle with technology. These will be available to some clients dependant on need and one will be available within the centre.
* A Cosy Communications Room where members of the community can rent time using our iPad/KOMP devices to contact friends and family - we can provide support on setting up Zoom calls.
*We will be introducing interest clubs such as a railway and craft club to our day services and we will invite speakers/specialists along to talk to the club members.
*The Fair Share Market Shopping Experience is set to return! Clients will be able to go shopping for great items at a reduced price and clients will have the chance to work as the cashier for the day.
* Our Magic Table will be available for community rental within the centre or at your group/club/home .
*We will host social groups and invite monthly speakers to for evening talks which will be open to the local community.
We are so pleased to have re-opened our Day Service 5 days per week to clients who are comfortable returning to the centre and we have some exciting plans for the rest of the year.
During 2021 we are going to begin offering new health and wellbeing services to people living within West Lothian. We will also have digital services available which you can take part in no matter where you live. If you would like to register your interest for any of the following services, please fill in your details here.
We will contact you soon to give you more information and to let you know when we plan to start trailing our new services. These will include:
- A 50-65 year old's support and information group from people facing early onset Dementia, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, stroke and other age related illnesses
- A Carer support group
- A Tea and Chat group
- Digital support and information services via your own device (e.g. laptop, smartphone or tablet) or via Braid House devices where available
The amazing Persimmon Homes have given Braid House a grant of £1,000! Thank you so much!
Read our latest newsletter which includes an update from our CEO. You can sign up to receive future updates directly to your email.
Looking for something to brighten up the lockdown? Why not order yourself a delicious afternoon tea or cupcake box! This is also a great present to send to a friend who needs a little cheering up. Call 07783438315 to order, collection from Braid House in Livingston or delivery within West Lothian is £1.50 (free for orders of over 25 within 20 miles). Please order at least 24 hours in advance, available Monday - Friday, orders for the weekend will be delivered on a Friday.
For the afternoon tea, a variety of sandwich fillings are on offer and the sweet treats change weekly. Please let us know of any dietary requirements when ordering.
Braid House now have a JustGiving page set up for anyone who wishes to donate. All donations will be gratefully received.
Link to our page is https://www.justgiving.com/braidhealth